PTViewer is an open and free Panorama viewer. It is written in the Java language (v.1.0.4) and should run in any java-enabled browser. From Version 1.4, there is an additional Java-application which runs without any browser on Java 1.1 installations.
Its main features are:
* Spherical and Cylindrical Panorama Playback: Horizontal field of view: 360 deg, Vertical field of view 0-180 deg.
* Playback of Quicktime VR panoramas (Cylinders and Cubes) and Object movies using PTMViewer extension.
* Display of rectilinear Images using optional PTZoom extension.
* Panning, tilting and zooming. Full navigation using either mouse or keyboard.
* High Quality bilinear rendering as found in better plug-in viewers, and unlike many other java viewers.
* Antialiasing for display of high resolution images.
* Image and window size only limited by system memory.
* Link any document to any point in the image using hotspots.
* Configurable Controls in Appletwindow.
* Complete VR-Tours in Browsers and Appletviewer.
* Tiny file size (<25kByte) for fast download.
* Package all files into one self-displaying tour using the Jar-utility.
* Display 3D-objects, Panorama Movies and animations using auxiliary helper applets included in the distribution.
* Supports fast downloading low resolution preview panoramas and high resolution zoomable features (ROI).
* Optional protection of panoramas and images by encryption.
This is a very impressive java applet for panoramas with lots of extensions
(i.e. a rotating compas, images that can be placed into the panorama and more)